03 November, 2009

Hello Isaac

I'm still not 100% sure why I purchased these $175 pair of Newton training shoes. I love my Asics Nimbus.


Mid-life running crisis perhaps?

I know my gate is neutral as my current wear patterns is..well, there isn't any wear pattern. Over the life of a pair of running shoes, I don't see any "hot spots" on the tread. I know that I'm a mid foot striker.

I'm gonna give these Newtons a go and see what happens. Over the past 24 months, I've had nagging upper leg and hip soreness. Maybe these will help, maybe they won't. I spent 10 minutes on a treadmill in them today...started at about 9 min per mile and upped the pace every two min..finished the last two minutes at 7:30 per mile. No noticeable strains, soreness or aches.

They're cheaper than a red Corvette.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment: